Skip to main content

Indian Curry Facts

1.     Curry is Officially the UK’s favourite dish, with the British invented Tikka Masala being on top of the list.
2.     It’s amazing, 18 tonnes of chicken Tikka Masala is eaten across the UK each week.  That’s equivalent to more than the weight of 3 double decker buses. 
3.     Korma doesn’t actually mean Mild, instead it’s the word that represents the slow cooking of the dish.
4.     Over 2.5 million UK customers buy curry every week
5.     The word Balti translates as Bucket.  But don’t worry your food isn’t cooked in a bucket, the dish is originally from Baltistan in Pakistan
6.     The first ever British curry restaurant was opened in 1809 in London’s Portman Square and it was called Hindustani Coffee House.
7.     For every 1 Chinease restaurant there are 2 Indian restaurants in the UK.
8.     The UK spends £3.2 billion pounds on Indian food.
9.     In the UK two thirds of our meals are made up of Indian Food.
10. There are more Indian restaurants in London then Bombay and Delhi put together.

We’ll be adding more curry facts and information in the future, if all this reading about curry has got you hungry then remember to order your Indian Takeaway in SS14 Basildon from Maharajas Express.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown is the new Black

The last couple of years saw a rise in cars being released in white. It’s a cool colour but it’s starting to get boring. So it’s good news to see that 2010 seems to be bringing new hues into the market; the most popular seems to be shades of Brown. As always fashion trends always go full circle, so seeing brown cars reminds me of my dad’s car back when I was just 8 years old, he use to drive a chocolate brown Ford Escort. As I got older I remember joy riding around in a brown Mini Metro, luckily I never got caught. The first brown car I saw was the Audi R8 Spyder, which looked amazing. As more cars got released with the new 10 registration plate it seems it’s the new trend and Brown has become the new black. My favourite new car in brown is the Porsche 997 Turbo Cabriolet, followed closely by the Audi R8 Spyder. I’ve even seen an Audi A3 in a really dark brown colour which I loved. The most affordable brown car I would go for would be the Citroen DS3; I should p...

Not all Online Sign Language Courses are equal

On my mission to learn Sign Language in 2021, I did what most people would do and went to Google and searched “learn sign language”. A few places popped up and I realised as I’m the UK, I needed to be a little bit more specific, as in the UK it’s called British Sign Language or BSL. So, I went on to search “Learn British Sign Language online”. I’m no stranger to Google search engine results being a mixture of paid ad listing and listings that naturally pop up on the first page due to their ranking by Google. I wanted a good deal, so I clicked on some of the paid ads which pop up right at the top and here’s where my confusions began. I found website that offered BSL courses which seemed like a bargain, I could apparently sign up online and learn BSL Level 1 and BSL Level 2 and get certified at an 89% discounted price of just £14.00 – This was “a deal not to miss” I thought. But my gut was saying “you get what you pay for”. So, I investigated further to find out what I’m getti...

New Ford Focus 2011

The Ford Focus was first released in 1994 and now 16 years on we see the 3 rd Generation of Ford Focus’s getting ready to be released early 2011. Described as the most important product in 25 years by Ford boss Alan Mullaly. This will be the first Ford Focus to be sold as one design across the globe, as previously the models varied a little country to country. As with all previous Ford Focus cars, this new model is set to be popular. The current Focus has excellent handling for its class and the new Focus has been promised to have even better handling with the introduction of multilink rear suspension and new variable power steering system. It should be exciting to see the new Ford Focus range of ST and RS models, which have always been a favourite to the UK market. Apparently on this new model Ford are looking at providing a new 1.6 “EcoBoost” Turbo petrol engines, which will give more power than the current 2.0litre engine. This is very similar to VW’s Golf TSi m...